Where have we been? Well, there has been a lot of this:
Somehow, our super healthy child came home with a devil of a cold. She ended up staying home from school two days in a row because she had boogers coming out her eyes. Yes, it was gross. At first we thought it was pink eye. Which made me panic. Not because I'm afraid of pink eye and the work it entails, but because for years now, I have been giving my good friend, Jackie (who has three girls), endless teasing for the sicknesses and pink eye situations in her house. I even toyed with the mean gesture of giving her cleaning products as a birthday gift. Needless to say, it was a bacterial sinus infection and so I could worry no more about karma coming after me for teasing Jackie.
But I think it did anyways. Because then Brian and I BOTH got infected. And, of course, we have no primary care physician. Ignorance is bliss. But we needed medicine. CVS Minute Clinic, baby. It saved our lives....and offered 0.99 snacks and hot-off-the-press magazines while we waited (what doctor's office has THAT?). Brian has sinusitis and I have an ear infection (what?!). Yes, I still can't hear you. Which may be a blessing, depending on what you're asking me to do.
So, FOUR prescriptions, a lot of kleenex, several boxes of cold medicines, three various sinus cleaners, and almost two weeks later...we are almost back to normal. Of course, when I picked up Julia this evening, her nose was running.
Comments
Post a Comment