It's so surprise to anyone who reads this that baking is something I love to do. And how in the last few years with my increasingly less-creative job, I have become more creative and daring with my baking. Well, Julia is getting the baking/cooking gene we think too. She is always wanting to help in the kitchen and "make something". So, I pulled out the alphabet cookie cutters I got as a wedding present (mental note: this is the first time I've used these in our 8 years of marriage. Why did I ever think cookie cutters were a good thing to register for as a wedding gift?! Next time, stick to more practical items) and decided it was a good day for alphabet sugar cookies.
Julia did a great job cutting out the cookies. Waiting patiently for the baking and cooling....not so much. But after nap time, we spent a good hour frosting and adding sprinkles to all the cookies. I have to admit, I did use ready made sugar cookie dough and bought frosting. Not like me...but homemade sugar cookies aren't as good as the roll and bake kind. And i wasn't up to making frosting today. Thank goodness for the ready made Harris Teeter tubs of frosting. Never mind what the ingredients are, it was just easier and it was a great time. Julia even had some fun making funny faces for the camera.
Julia did a great job cutting out the cookies. Waiting patiently for the baking and cooling....not so much. But after nap time, we spent a good hour frosting and adding sprinkles to all the cookies. I have to admit, I did use ready made sugar cookie dough and bought frosting. Not like me...but homemade sugar cookies aren't as good as the roll and bake kind. And i wasn't up to making frosting today. Thank goodness for the ready made Harris Teeter tubs of frosting. Never mind what the ingredients are, it was just easier and it was a great time. Julia even had some fun making funny faces for the camera.
Awesome pics! And, two awesome chefs. I am totally craving that butternut squash lasgna you made for me once. But, I'll settle for some cupcakes, too. XO
ReplyDelete