There are a lot of things that Julia likes to do. She loves to paint, play soccer, bake with Mommy, and play dress up. There are also things that Julia does that we, parents, don't like so much. Like whine and fuss. She seems to be just at that age where she just about defies everything. "I don't like that", "Nooooo", and "But I don't want to" seem to be regulars in her verbal set. And let's not even start on bath and bedtime. It's almost as if she's a, I don't know, princess. Or a teenager.
Fortunately, she doesn't quite fit the stereotype of a princess. We're not royals after all. She's too independent and strong and athletic and smart to just be a princess. Which is fine by us. But in the meantime, a little dress up never hurt anyone. Gotta encourage that imagination, you know. I'm sure next week she'll be into something else entirely.
Fortunately, she doesn't quite fit the stereotype of a princess. We're not royals after all. She's too independent and strong and athletic and smart to just be a princess. Which is fine by us. But in the meantime, a little dress up never hurt anyone. Gotta encourage that imagination, you know. I'm sure next week she'll be into something else entirely.
Comments
Post a Comment