Ok, so I love fireworks. All I wanted was to see fireworks. And there were clear signs all over Duck that read "NO fireworks". Apparently that is more of a guideline than a rule because there were amateur firework shows all over the beach. Amateur I know from all the trash left behind that I noticed on my morning run the next day.
I took a couple videos to share with Julia who had passed out cold from a busy day at the beach. And we noticed there was something strange in the sky. Helicopters? No...they were silent. Firework shrapnel? No, although something like that hitting our house and burning it down could have been the best thing for this "cottage". Turns out some group was setting off those cool paper lanterns on the beach and they were flying all over the place. I thought they were UFOs. Oh well.
At least I got to see my fireworks! From the balcony, no less.
I took a couple videos to share with Julia who had passed out cold from a busy day at the beach. And we noticed there was something strange in the sky. Helicopters? No...they were silent. Firework shrapnel? No, although something like that hitting our house and burning it down could have been the best thing for this "cottage". Turns out some group was setting off those cool paper lanterns on the beach and they were flying all over the place. I thought they were UFOs. Oh well.
At least I got to see my fireworks! From the balcony, no less.
Comments
Post a Comment