Skip to main content

Back to work


This is the most bittersweet of posts. I went back to work this week. That is another reason why I haven't posted in a while. It felt good to get up and shower and get dressed in something besides a tshirt and shorts. But it was really hard to leave my baby. My office has been super supportive and given me the flexibility to work in the office 3 days and week and be home 2 days. So far, so good. Julia is adjusting well with her nanny. Well, better than I am adjusting. I've never been so excited to come home! But, I think things will work out. I hope to be a better mom and find a way to balance work and family. But I anticipate the next few weeks being a little rough. We're doing great though. Even if I haven't quite figured out how to make dinner and put away all the dishes the nights I am working. That will come though....I hope.

Comments

  1. just imagine how good julia will be at art after watching mommy at work! it will get easier and the dishes can wait!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

This is what I have been doing.

Yes. I haven't updated anyone in a while. Truthfully, there hasn't been much camera action. Between packing up, moving out, moving in, unpacking, and the notorious fourth quarter of work... and a computer that is dying (are you listening, Santa?). I can't get anything done! But I did create something at work that I'm super proud of. You should watch it. Over and over. And share it. And like it. That's the thumbs up button. I art directed, executive produced and helped promote this video on all the free channels that we know of. Including this one! My blog. So enjoy.

Fond memories

I know. It's been a while. But days like today...with the clear blue sky and the crisp air, remind me of our week at the beach. That happened a month ago now. How things change in one month. Lots to update everyone on. But first, let's share some photos from the amazing, incredible, fun, giggly week we had with these guys . It was an awesome week. The kids did so great together. And they were so much fun. The only photos I don't have, that I wish I could share, were from our first night there. I took the four kids down to the beach and the sun was setting and shining through the clouds. The ocean was so warm. We put our feet in. One thing led to another. And then Julia, Alex and Annalisa were swimming in their clothes. But never happier. The smiles I saw that night were priceless. I will never forget the sun shining in their eyes and how happy they were. Which was good, because that night of swimming held them until Thursday. The red "no swimming" flags were u...

Sleepless nights

For the past week and a half, the entire house has been waking to sounds similar to this coming from that little Schuyler body. We've tried feeding the kid more. We've tried putting her to bed earlier and later and with less blanket and more music. I guess she's just at that age when she enjoys being a night owl. Hopefully it won't last long. Luckily, Schuyler is super cute and very happy when we go in to see her. She hugs so tight and tries to eat your face. It's very comforting...except that her talons are super sharp and she doesn't sit still long enough to make it easy to cut them. As I keep hearing, this too shall pass. And I'm sure we'll miss our midnight rendezvous adventures and snuggle sessions. But, truly, we just want a few hours of quiet sleep. Schuyler, if you can read this, there is lots of fun to have in the daylight hours too!