Skip to main content

Mommy's Belly

It's September 13 and still no baby to speak of. Well, we can speak of her...but she's refusing to get out of my belly. Honestly, I've never been so uncomfortable. Nor have I felt like labor was starting and then finding disappointment (and a little relief) when things stopped. I literally feel like I'm stuck in a Groundhog Day pattern. You know, the cult classic movie with Bill Murray where is lives the same day over and over? My day starts out with me feeling great, then getting a little nausea, which is cured by a snack. Then I get uncomfortable in my chosen chair. Then I just don't feel well so i head up to bed and lay down. Contractions start and are totally erratic. I call Brian and he either answers right away or is indisposed in a meeting for about an hour so I think about which cab company to call to the hospital. Then everything settles down and I'm exhausted, but ok for the rest of the night. Then I wake up and start over again. Enough already. Time to get out baby. My belly is tired of holding you, but my arms are ready and willing (and could use the workout!). Please come out soon. With all my frequent trips to the bathroom, we are going through toilet paper at an alarming rate. And we want to meet you!

Here are a couple pics of how large (and in charge) my belly is. Seriously, there's no more room inside.






Comments